Here's a makeshift list of some things that I've discovered make me super happy here.
* The lovely people I've met so far, I feel very very lucky.
* I made one friendship bracelet for someone I work with, and now EVERYONE wants one so of course I feel like a a.) trendsetter, and b.) super popular
* Mobile phone commercials that promise to make users feel "sexy".
*This is melktert (sp?). I've made it my personal mission to sample as many as possible, in the name of cultural exploration, obviously. Some are not so heartpounding, but I'll make it through.
*Weather on eTV: I usually never have any idea what the weather forecast is for the upcoming week, mostly because Derek Van Dam is the weather guy. Shameless, I know.
* Getting high fives from people when I tell them they are HIV negative* I still laugh everytime I say the word 'robot' for a traffic light
* I've found some totally amazing dessert places. Memorable highlights include the chocolate caramel cake from Mugg and Bean, chocolate croissant from Olivia's, and anything from Petit Fours
*The fact that one of my supervisors can't say my name so I'm now referred to as "Lee-OH-nee", pronunced exactly like that.
*One of the custodians here, who isn't quite mentally sound, always throws pomegranate seeds in this one place in hopes that they will grow. Which they never do. He also always wears a bright yellow "There Is Life After HIV and AIDS" shirt everyday, and he generally just makes me smile.
*The fact that although I am currently sweating profusely, I'm super glad it's summer in February. I actually was never this acutely aware of how much I HATE winter. Wait, I always hate winter..
More happy heart things to come in the future..



..umm, you ARE a super popular trendsetter.
ReplyDeletewhat a cute weather guy!!
Haha, I laughed out loud at the mentally unstable custodian! Poor guy, I hate to see him waste his pomegranate seeds :(
ReplyDelete